The elections was relatively peaceful, gratitude to the Almighty and all that contributed to make it so.
Now is time for synergy to get the state forward and not at a stand still or backwards. I hope the Jimohs, Okes et al will join hands off party lines and see Ondo forward.
For the New Governor Elect, it is time to return to Owo and say Thank you. It should extend to the Akungba – Ikare Axis and the whole of Ondo North.
Owo is a Junction town and the busiest link the North and Middle Belt (Benin).
I am kindly requesting for
1. Increased Security, especially between Owo and the Akure, we have been robbed thrice on that stretch. At a time people started using the Ekiti link with Oshun, long but safer at that time. Luxurious Buses were the major targets at night.
2. The link roads to
a -Sabon Gida Ora and Benin axis;
b – Road from Ibillo junction to Kabba, a very commercial road, especially with the Cement Factory in Kogi, the Dangote’s should join in making the road better.
c. – The Owo Akungba – Okene Link roads (security and pot hole repairs.
d. – Akure – Ilesha road – road repairs and maintenance
e. Start thinking of dualising Owo-Akure-Ondo-Owo-Okitipupa/Igbokoda roads and start even if on small scale a Lagos – Okitipupa/Igbokoda Water transport (luxury/business class).
should see some visitations. Yes they may be Federal roads, as a member of the Centre Party, Fashola should be able to make it priority or you work on them and get refund.
3. The Issue of Kidnappings must stop or see a drastic reduction, even if it means upsetting some cabals.
4. Build a big Trailer park in Owo for decongesting of roads especially as there will increase of traffic with road repairs.
5. Start campaigning for the Ajaokuta rail line to Pass through Ondo to Lagos. Ondo needs a direct Lagos – Abuja Link to unlock the state from the relegation by the western states.
6. Start looking at Diaspora, Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan and Kaduna/Kano for inputs to the state. Ondo has a large cache of Highly placed resources that can be of benefit to the state in Oil and Gas, Cocoa, Timber, Cassava, Medicine, Water, ICT and name it. The Kupolatis and Aruwajoyes, Famutimi et al are Egbons that must be used to get the Bitumen, Oil and Gas resources on your top front burner now the PIB is being pursued.
7. Tourism has suffered so much set back due to lack of care. Religious Tourism was not cared for in the days of Obadare, now Ogun State has captured the Mountain of Fire, Redeem, Living Faiths et al. The Government should see how the Sun Shine state can shine again with the Idanre’s and Oke Marias et al.
8. As a corper, I made sure I used only products from Oluwa Glass factory in my apartment, they sufficed, PPP with the Chinese if need be but lets start producing Glasswares.
9. Ondo should visit Ghana and see how they have silently started producing European Quality Chocolates, export product. They avoided Nigeria, because we could still the market. Get the Boyede’s and Ile Oluji start producing affordable Coco Products for Nigeria and Export again.
10. The Farmers of your area do not have a regulated market to sell their products at premium price, get the lebanese and gambaris give good deals, by getting a commodity board to give these farmers a reason to increase the production and get premium pricing for their goods. And you can do what your eastern counterpart is doing exporting vegetable to abroad. The Farmers need better pricing.
11. The North East is being reconstructed, Ondo Furniture, wood workers can be enabled through your Government to be a major source for wood products for school, hospitals, churches, homes and establishments furniture and wood needs.
It is my prayer that the progress of Ondo State will be a continum.
God bless the people of the Sun Shine State and he blesses the State to truly shine.